Street Modified Category News
- March 14, 2004 : A badly needed website update!
- Jan 1 2004 : SM2 is now fully National! Congrats to everybody whose hard work made this possible!
- May 23, 2002 : Added a bunch of stuff for our SM2 siblings
- March 23, 2002 : The new-format Events page is up, including class size graphs
- Feb 27, 2002 : The 2002 rules are posted
- July 14, 2001 : All pending numberboard applications are posted
- March 24, 2001: All pending numberboard applications are posted
- March 10, 2001: The 2001 Official Rules are now up on the rules page
- March 04, 2001: All pending numberboard applications have been posted. All unclaimed
numbers from last year have been put back into the pool. From now on, first-come, first-served.
- Jan 21, 2001: The Teams page has been going great guns,
with at least one update per day since the 13th. We're up to 27 cars indicating that they intend to go to
If you have a numberboard from last year, you need to reregister it before Feb 01!
The rules for SM2 have been created, and are linked off the Rules page
- Jan 13, 2001: Started the big overhaul of the numberboard
registry, which has moved to the Teams page. More detail, more pictures!
- Dec 12, 2000: Long overdue update! (Look for more in the coming days) Updated Rules
page with changes pending for 2001. Placed 2001 number registry plan
on Number Registry page
- July 04, 2000: Updated the Number Registry with the latest updates
- June 14, 2000: Updated the Teams page, the Number Registry, and all the results from
- May 14, 2000: Updated the Teams page and the Number Registry
- May 03, 2000: Updated the ProSolo results and the Number Registry
- April 16, 2000: Updated the National Tour results and the Number Registry
- March 30, 2000: Updated the Number Registry with the latest updates
- March 14, 2000: Updated the Number Registry with the latest updates
- March 04, 2000: A bunch of updates, now that I'm back from Florida and Mississippi. Check
out the Events page to see results, and the Teams page to see the current ranking!
- Feb 05, 2000: Updated the Events page with some changes to the Summer Showdown 2000
event - including the website. Sounds like a lot of fun!
- Feb 03, 2000: No, we haven't been dormant for a month! We've just had
so much going on lately that it's been hard to find time to update the site.
Those of you doing the numberboards on Dale's group order, they should be
shipping soon - I just approved the final proof.
- Dec 31, 1999: Happy New Year! As of midnight, the 2000 season is
officially on! And to celebrate, an addition of "who's going?" to the Events
page, and of the K&K Rafferty Supra team to the Teams page, now that they've
come out of the closet.
And now if you'll excuse me, I have a big-ass intercooler to finish installing. :)
- Dec 30, 1999: The Car Number Registry
page is up.
- Dec 29, 1999: As discussed on the mailing list, a prototype image of the sample
Street Modified numberboard is here The fonts arent quite right,
but are close enough to give you the idea.
- Dec 09, 1999: NEWS FLASH! Yes, the new, official, graven-in-stone SM
rules for the 2000 season are finally posted on the Rules Page. This is it!
Please spread them around and discuss them, I'll be back to read it all on the 14th
- Dec 08, 1999: Yet another Howard phone call. I've reviewed the draft
"official" rules, and submitted my comments. They seem to have all been accepted, and I may have a
copy of the as-in-the-rulebook SM rules tomorrow.
If not, it'll be a week, as a death in the family sends me out East for a little while.
- Nov 25, 1999: Another phone convo with Howard, more news!
- We are now going to allow welded-in subframe connectors for Camaros, Firebirds, and Mustangs
- Welded-in roll BARS (not cages) are legal
- Displacement limit for naturally aspirated engines is still 6.000 litres
- Draft copy of the "official" rules should be ready by Dec 1
- Nov 21, 1999: Started work on the Teams Page. Got the design
for the splash page sorted out, but the next level down needs work still - so the links aren't active yet.
- Nov 15, 1999: Changed all the references on the site from "STU" to "SM". Also added
some new FAQ items to cover the name change, and the inclusion of our V8 bretheren.
- Nov 11, 1999: Major overhaul of the books page. Added
more books to the list, and cover graphics (where available)
Next big change is probably the name change to "Street Modified"
- Nov 10, 1999: I've heard some news from Howard Duncan:
- Our name has changed! We're now "Street Modified"
- A new line has been added to the displacement limits. We now allow "6.000 litres, any type, naturally aspirated"
Yes, that means muscle cars/pony cars like Camarobirds and Mustangs are allowed in STU/SM. Welcome to the club guys!
- The final rules should be in my hands, ready for posting, by December 01.
- Nov 01, 1999: I'm going to be out of town for a week or so, so no site updates
until then. Back soon!
- Oct 29, 1999: Hey, we got our first press release!
Bill's Isuzuperformance (importers of those nifty
Quaife diffs - and a really trick sequential trans - and ProSolo contingency sponsors) have announced that they
can now get Quaifes for FWD DSMs (turbo and non-turbo). This means they sell these diffs for pretty well every
popular STU car out there. Check them out!
Hey Bill, are we going to see these for the AWD Talons?
- Oct 25, 1999: Added the Grand Prix Autocross Tournament to the Events
- Oct 24, 1999: Version 1.0 of the FAQ is up!
- Oct 23, 1999: OK, so I changed the look again - the last look didn't
look motorsports-ish enough. So I stole this look from myself. :)
- Oct 19, 1999: I had a long conversation with Howard Duncan, the SCCA Rules God,
about our proposal, and so far things look very good. The rule book goes in for printing mid-November, so we'll
know fairly soon.
- Oct 14, 1999: Race season is winding down, so we're cranking up the work on the site.
We're in the middle of converting to the new look, and then we'll be adding content. Lots and lots of content.
Keep an eye out for the Teams page. Once we decide on how the layout is going
to look, we'll start taking submissions for teams looking for exposure.
As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.
- Sept 05, 1999: We're online! Be sure to look around, see what we've got, and send
us your comments.
Be sure to visit the rules page and send your letter to the SEB!
Copyright 1998, 2004 Dennis Grant. All rights reserved
In association with